Thursday, August 27, 2009

Yummiest Potatoes EVER. (And that ain't no lie)

I am a big fan of The Pioneer Woman, so it's no surprise that my favorite potato dish is courtesy of Ree. My dear friend Tiffany was in town this weekend, and we liked them so much, we made them two nights in a row!

I'd highly recommend making enough for leftovers. They warm up great. We even turned them into hash for breakfast Sunday morning!


Crash Hot Potatoes
(adapted from here)

2-3 lbs. new potatoes
Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt
Olive Oil

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes. While potatoes are cooking, heat oven to 450 F. Drizzle a large cookie sheet with olive oil.

Boil potatoes until fork-tender.

Drain potatoes and place on cookie sheet. Using the bottom of a glass or a potato masher, gently smash each potato flat. Drizzle with more olive oil, and then generously sprinkle on the seasoned salt.

Bake for 25 min or until potatoes get brown and crispy on the edges.

Rating: 5 out of 5. No doubts about it!

2 comments:

  1. Heather FeatherAugust 29, 2009

    I'm trying the potatoes tonight...I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather FeatherSeptember 07, 2009

    I've made these like three times now...yummy!!! Big hit every time!!

    ReplyDelete