Monday, August 31, 2009

Pecan-Crusted Chicken

I have to preface this recipe by letting anyone who doesn't know me know that I have chicken issues. We won't go into detail, but if it seems that my cooking time is overkill and you don't like dry chicken and you don't have chicken issues, then please adjust the cooking time accordingly. :)

Pecan-Crusted Chicken

INGREDIENTS
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons real maple syrup
1 cup chopped pecans (I ground the heck out of them in my rocket blender thingy)
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt
2-4 tablespoons vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS

In a shallow dish, combine pecans, breadcrumbs, and salt.

Cut breasts in half and pound to 1/2" thickness (not necessary but I think it's worth the effort.)
Toss chicken breasts in a ziploc with maple syrup. Coat chicken breasts completely with nut mixture.

In a large skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil. Add chicken, and here's where you can vary the recipe. You can either cook for 4 to 5 minutes until chicken is browned on each side, and finish in oven if you are cooking something else. (I put them in a 450F oven for 15 min with crash hot potatoes. It was a bit too much.) Or you can just cook them in the pan for 12-15 min until cooked through.

Meal Rating: 4 out of 5. They were good, a bit dry, but they needed a bit of something. Garlic maybe? A dash of hotsauce? Some seasoned salt? I can't quite decide what would work with pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment